Biblical/Prayer book Hebrew
A 21 Week Series
Tuesdays 12:00-1:00 | Jan. 23 – Mar.27 | Tiburon, CA
The Biblical/Prayer book Hebrew course designed for those who want to learn Hebrew by studying the Tanakh תנ״ך (Hebrew Bible) and the Siddur סידור (prayer book) in their original authentic language.
Learn to translate and form commentaries based on the root of the Hebrew words for the purpose of gaining a deep understanding and meaning from the text. The Hebrew with Tikva™ method helps students comprehend biblical text from its classical Hebrew source.
- Study classical Hebrew language from selected Biblical and Prayer Book texts
- Learn root words and their various applications
- Learn Hebrew prefixes, suffixes, and sentence structures
- Gain a deeper understanding of Biblical Hebrew
- Differentiate the literal meaning form the deeper hidden meaning
- Participate in meaningful discussions with other students and the teacher
Prerequisite: Basic Hebrew reading skills.
Can’t read Hebrew? Learn how with the Reading Hebrew with Tikva 1– Online Course. You can learn to decode the Hebrew alphabet and read Hebrew in 15-20 hours with this program.
I am very much enjoying the class and your teaching style. This is the first year ever that I want to go to the Tashlich service. Your class is so helping me to prepare for High Holy Days, as well as learn some Hebrew. Todah Rabah and L’Shanah Tovah!Annabelle
Your class was super great! Prayer book Hebrew equivalent to drashing the Torah. I think everyone appreciates your way of taking apart the Hebrew.Pat C.
Winter Session: 1/23-3/27
Spring Session: 4/10-6/12
Congregation Kol Shofar
215 Blackfield Drive
– $175 for the public.
– $160 for Kol Shofar members.
– $10 Drop-in
contact Kol Shofar at 415-388-1818